20+ years experience conducting field studies. Significant background and projects include:
- Currently conduct professional field courses on sequence stratigraphy in the Book Cliffs, Utah.
- Influence of tectonics and eustacy on alluvial architecture, Upper Cretaceous strata of the Kaiparowits Basin, UT: An early attempt (1990s) to apply sequence stratigraphic concepts to a purely continental succession while attempting to distinguish between thrust belt tectonics and eustatic sea level fluctuation in the development of stratigraphic successions.
- Bedrock and surficial materials mapping: Conduct all aspects of geologic mapping from field work to final map preparation, using modern GIS techniques in both units. Have published 11 full 7.5′ quadrangle maps.
- Geomorphology of Lake Bonneville deltas: Mapping of remnant Lake Bonneville shoreline features at three major lake levels from Spanish Fork, Utah to Preston, Idaho, a distance of 160 miles, to reconstruct ancient delta morphologies and determine major factors responsible for their development.
- Past Director for the State of Missouri Surficial Materials Mapping Program.
- Creator/Director (for 10 past years) of the BYU-Idaho geological field camp.
- Have mentored undergraduate seniors as part of the USGS EdMap Program.
- Have produced bedrock geological maps for all of the Missouri National Guard sites
- Have taught graduate courses in advanced geological mapping at the University of Missouri – Rolla (Now Missouri Institute of Science and Technology)
- Have conducted Geohydrologic investigations of potential hazardous waste sites.
If you have a project in mind, please use the contact form to make an inquiry.